CSIR: Vacation Work
Closing date: 22 November 2013 (November/December/January positions)
Job ID: 303402
There are positions for second-, third- and fourth-year students to perform Vacation Work in November/December 2013 and January 2014 for a minimum of 6-8 weeks at the CSIR in the following fields:
- Polymers and Composites (2 positions)
- Water treatment using nanomaterials focusing on batch testing of absorbents for removal of anions from water for which the candidates should preferably be a chemical engineering or chemistry/polymer chemistry students.
- Rapid bacteria-detection using fluorescent nanoparticles and flow cytometry as the detection method for which microbiology or biochemistry or physiology students will be considered.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated students in chemical engineering, chemistry, polymer chemistry, microbiology, biochemistry or physiology seeking experiential learning.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Problem-solving and solution-seeking orientation.
- A goal-oriented approach.
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams.
- Computer literacy.