DATE OF ISSUE: 28 JUNE 2013
To all heads of national departments / provincial administrations / provincial departments / organisational components
- 1.1 The aim of this Circular is not only to distribute advertisements of vacancies to departments and employees throughout the Public Service, but also to facilitate the redeployment of employees who have been declared in excess in terms of PSCBC resolution 7 of 2002.
- 1.2 As regards the latter issue, Departments and Components are called upon to give preference to employees who have been declared in excess in the filling of vacancies, if they apply.
2. Directions to candidates
- 2.1 Applications on form Z83 with full particulars of training, qualifications, skills, competencies, knowledge and experience (on a separate sheet if necessary or a CV) should be forwarded to the department/administrations in which the vacancy/vacancies exist(s).
- 2.2 Applicants must indicate the reference number of the vacancy in their applications.
- 2.3 Applicants requiring additional information regarding an advertised post, must direct their enquiries to the department where the vacancy exists.
- 2.4 Applications should be forwarded in time to the advertising department since applications received after the closing date indicated below will not be accepted.
- 2.5 Considering the aim of this circular (see paragraph 1.1 above), advertisements contained herein are meant for the attention/perusal of serving employees only. Persons not employed in the Public Service may thus not apply for the vacancies advertised in this circular, except if the relevant department has extended the scope of its recruitment initiative to persons not employed in the Public Service, in which case a vacancy will have been advertised through other means such as the media. (Clarity in this regard can be obtained from the relevant advertising department).
3. Directions to departments
- 3.1 The contents of this Circular must be brought to the attention of all employees.
- 3.2 Special attempts must be made to ensure that excess employees are informed of the advertised vacancies. Potential candidates from the excess group must be assisted in applying timeously for vacancies and attending where applicable, interviews.
4. Directions to departments in which vacancies exist
- 4.1 In respect of vacancies that have been identified to promote representativeness, the measures contained in Chapter 1, Part III. D2 of the Public Service Regulations, 2001 must be complied with. The advertisements of such vacancies should state that it is intended to promote representativeness through the filling of the vacancy and that the candidature of persons whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representativeness, will receive preference.
- 4.2 The selection of candidates should be done with due regard to the relevant measures contained in Chapter 1, Part VII. D of the Public Service Regulations, 2001
5. Application form -