LOCATION: NETCARE WATERFALL CITY HOSPITAL
REPORTING TO: PHARMACY MANAGER
CLOSING DATE: 24 JULY 2013KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Place orders according to the preferred suppliers list.
- Maintain stock levels and keep order sheets updated.
- Maintain link codes on charge sheets and extend material for MRP.
- Order stock on MRP to ensure sufficient
- stock will be available in Theatre.
- Bar-code of stock to ensure correct billing.
- Conduct weekly cyclical counts.
- Monitor Consignment stock – storage, checks done by representatives and record keeping.
- Check invoices against purchase order and processed within twenty four hours.
- Return incorrectly ordered / supplied stock and adjusting the computer system accordingly.
- Check charge sheets.
- Check goods and empties returned from theatres to ensure correct charging and back slips to medical aids.
- Communicate with multi-disciplinary team regarding all aspects of stock including: out of stock situations; new items requested; redundant stock.
- Obtain invoices / prices for loan sets, consignment stock used when necessary.
- Keep statistics on stock valuation, open PO’s, expired, redundant, negative and Consignment stock,
- Develop and implement policies / procedures involving all parties concerned, to check consignment stock and loan sets to ensure accurate charging and minimal losses.
- Develop and implement policies / procedures involving all concerned, to control expired stock and to minimize losses.
- Organize and assisting with in service training regarding charging and stock control to ensure sufficient stock be available whilst stock levels are adhered to.
- Assist with bi-annual stock take regarding;preparation of stock books; marking stock items
- Assist with staff allocation
- Oversee the stock take in theatre
- Assist with reports after the
- count before finalizing the figure.
- Interpret and use the stock reports to optimize stockholding and usage, to identify excess and redundant stock to enable timeous action preventing losses.
- Capture all stock movements on the computer system ensuring everything is up to date before month-end.
- Oversee the process of updating preference cards to enable the new charging system to be smoothly implemented.
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
- Sound surgical and pharmaceutical product knowledge
- Previous stock control experience in hospital environment will be advantageous
- Computer literate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to e-mail a detailed CV to Aimee Haynes at Aimee.Haynes@netcare.co.za
or alternatively fax application details to fax: 086 746 9863